Thursday 19 May 2011

Powers Of The Genders

I was devastated, full of emotion and justice: Justice for women all around Australia and the world. In this time of need and desperation, wouldn’t it be expected that the government try and enrol as many men as they can?

Men are supposedly equal to women. When god created women from the side of a man, she is neither his inferior nor his slave. She is neither his superior nor his master. She was his equal and his partner. So why is it that women aren’t as privileged as men? In this war, the power of women is limited. The power of one person is determined by their gender.

Feeling powerless and useless, I stood and watched my father and brothers leave to fight and die in a distant land and my country crumbling at the hands of war. At that moment, when the last ships, heading to the front line, boarded, I decide to do what I can for my country. At that time the women of the Australian Red Cross Organization was in town. I headed to the Town Hall to enrol to join their mission. After signing up, i gathered my clothes and belongings, said a short goodbye to the family and head with my follow sisters to the front line.

2 comments:

  1. An interesting post. Were women allowed on the front line during WW1? What role did they have when on the front line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. women either assisted or supported the men in the army. they worked jobs like nurses or joined organisation like "The Red Cross" and "Women's Peace Army".

    ReplyDelete